Plug and Play For Earth Science
A Free GPS Data Processing and Data Products System
Access GPS Time Series:
Graphical MAP BROWSE with links to station pages.
Find links to station pages and metadata using station name lists and/or text files:
- Stations with final solutions (24 hours sample rate, ~2 week latency):  ( HTML / TXT )
- Stations with rapid solutions (24 hours sample rate, 24 hour latency):  ( HTML / TXT )
- Stations with rapid solutions (5 minute sample rate, 24 hour latency):  ( HTML / TXT )
- Stations with ultra rapid solutions (5 minute sample rate, ~2 hour latency):  ( HTML / TXT )
- All time series are provided in a global (IGS08) reference frame and in a North America frame (NA12) for stations on the North American Plate.
Go directly to a station's page:
- where <ssss> is the station 4-character ID (use caps).
Search using lat/lon, time period, data type, format, etc.: UNAVCO GSAC
Find/Access stations and data using UNAVCO web services
Time series files direct access:
Time Series Plot Files:
- Plots of all available time series are availalbe on the station pages.
- Plots can also be accessed directly if the station 4 character ID and desired reference frame are known, e.g.:
- For station P090 solutions in the IGS08 reference frame are plotted at:
- "Cleaned" time series (outliers removed) are also available, e.g.:
- For 5 minute rapid plots:
- And 5 minute ultra rapid plots:
- MIDAS velocities are provided for all stations with over 1 year of data. Files are provided in two reference frames:
- File includes known equipment change events and potential earthquake steps
Data Processing Quality Assurance Files:
Useful for assessing solution quality and debugging issues with processing
Decimal Year Convention
Access Using Your Own Software and Workflow
- Most data products (e.g. time series, summary files, steps) are available as text files and are updated daily to weekly.
- In many cases files are machine readable, and can be obtained using wget/curl commands in scripts for incorporation into your local analyses.
NA12 Reference Frame
GPS Data Processing Strategy
- Plug and Play GPS is funded by NASA under project NNX14AJ52A, Plug and Play GPS for Earth Scientists: Providing Immediate Access to Low-Latency Geodetic Products for Rapid Modeling and Analysis of Natural Hazards
- Also see our Acknowledgements Page